Tuesday 4 February 2014

This week.
As the work for Paris is now complete and been sent off, most of the work I have been working on was included in that brief. Therefore it is now the time to begin a new channel of this project, which I will continue into unit X. I want to look at head wear and primarily the idea of veils.
I have started to build up a collection of samples investigating veil netting and creating a surface upon that.
There is the worry that I am running down a different tangent and I need to make sure I get back in touch with my personal narrative for this project to stop myself from getting whisked away with the pretty things.


beginning to look into the application of these pieces.
how a veil works as a construction?

Struggling with the idea of application. I want to make veils but am uncertain of how to continue them into a wearable piece. I find Armarni Prive Couture Fall 2012 to have made beautiful veils and their application intriguing.


http://www.style.com/fashionshows/detail/slideshow/F2012CTR-APRIVE/#98

to continue the veil into a cage like structure, using chain, line or beads to form it around the head.

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/detail/slideshow/F2012CTR-APRIVE/#107

or to pleat the fabric, creating an elongated mask, a bowed mask? But the veil would have to be weary of weight so as to not off balance it and with this design I feel it could sit perhaps to close to the face. But both of these techniques are of good thought to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment