Wednesday 14 May 2014

Latex dreams
I first began to apply the latex mixed with the acrylic in a subtle way, a subtle alternative to beading, as can be seen here with the blue dashes. It was a technique I was pleased with and thought to be quite interesting but it was indeed subtle, safe and in hindsight very unaffected.


Which is when I came to the conclusion of the possibilities of latex, if it could cover beads and give a lovely effect what could it do when applied to a bigger scale? The below images are some of my results, beginning to create otherworldly surfaces. The latex creating a hardened light exterior, also acting as a glue to attach and embellish on top of. I would like to experiment with these scaled up and on larger pieces of fabrics with complete covering.











No comments:

Post a Comment