Friday 13 December 2013

Explorations into the figure of 8 wrap

For my live brief I have decided to work towards the Paris brief, an embroidery exhibition at L'aiguielle en Fete, the Paris consumer show for needle crafts.
For this brief we have been having additional tutorials to further and produce a piece for this.
I have had a tassel and bead ban put upon me which I can see is potentially beneficial.


photo copied and illuminated



Samples are begging to get a little bit fussy, limited by their decoration and the time that involves.


Where what is working better is the quicker act, that sometimes when you loose the precious act of making, something much more interesting begins to happen. Beading, embellishment and tassels are something important to me and which I will revisit but for now they are on the back burner.

a much more successful sample, bigger and bolder.

No comments:

Post a Comment